Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An Intro

I haven't shaved in 3 days, I had burger king for lunch, and I'm unemployed. I also spent the afternoon playing video games and talking to a cat that can't even meow. And yet, life couldn't be better. In reality, I'm just between jobs, starting another one on Monday that will require frequent travel. I'm just taking a week off to recuperate from the last 4.5 years of audit work I've done.

Jess and I enjoy making the most of our weekends, and living in the Bay Area provides countless opportunities for fun adventures. I hope to capture them here both to update the family and be a journal for us.

With my new job, I'll be traveling a lot, dining and staying in cities around the country and perhaps world. Also, Jess and I are moving to SF next month and we enjoy food, both cooking and going to restaurants. So, I was thinking that this blog would be an opportunity for me, someone with no gastronomical or hospitality background, to critique the restaurants and hotels that I pass through over the next year. Why not?

In a world of yelp and tripadvisor, this may seems somewhat useless, but I hope to incorporate some jeff-type perspectives. Also, Jess will be featured as a ghost writer, someone more qualified to comment on culinary matters.

1 comment:

  1. You dad just told me about your blog, so my comment is en retard. I'm looking forward to following the good life as lived by Jeff and Jess. Love your apartment and views!

    ReplyDelete